BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We are looking for a bright and energetic individual to take charge of the Australian (APAC) market for our HTML5 production agency based in Amsterdam and South Africa. This role is suited to a native English speaker that has sales or account management experience in a media environment and is willing to travel.
AGCS is a HTML5 production agency based in the heart of Amsterdam 5 minutes walk from the central station inside the outstanding old Beurs van Berlage building which was once the world’s largest stock exchange. Our agency focuses on delivering digital banners, digital out of home creative and video production to a range of clients including creative agencies and brands directly. We believe that digital advertising can be relevant, effective and beautiful.
Over the years the Australian and extended APAC region have delivered an increasing amount of campaigns to our agency and we a brand new operation in the middle of Sydney with our partner agency.
We are looking for someone who fits this description:
- Sales experience
- Senior account management experience
- Client services experience
- Worked at a media agency or a digital publisher
- Able to work alone (we do not micro-manage)
- Confident calling on the phone / prospecting
- Happy to meet clients face to face
- Lots of common sense, and willing to learn about technical products
- Very organised as you’ll be dealing with many different client accounts
You’ll start working on a few accounts that are already set up, however the main challenge will be to find new clients that we can work with in Australia, New Zealand and Asia. You’ll be expected to approach the big creative agencies in a fearless manor. It will be exciting when you meet some of the best creative minds in the business.
A typical day will be spent making calls to new clients, lead sourcing, working closely with the project manager and support your clients with any technical questions that may arise. Some days you’ll be out and about meeting clients at their office, so you’ll need to be presentable and happy to pitch / present to a group of strangers.
Here is what we offer:
- Chance to set up a new office in Australia and build out a team
- Bonus when you hit your sales targets
- Chance to attend media events
- One to one support on business meetings
- Responsibility and a challenge. We reward hard work!
- A informal and fair working environment
You’ll be based with our sister agency who have a fantastic office location in Sydney. You won’t be working alone, however be the first person to fly the flag for AGCS in the Australian and APAC region, a massive opportunity and big challenge!
We work for high profile agencies and brands that include Universal Pictures, Volvo and Ubisoft. You’ll be working with some of the best designers and digital producers in the market.
What’s important is that you are smart, flexible, want to expand your skills and eventually lead a team!
Please apply with your CV and COVER LETTER (a few paragraphs will be fine) please also write down 3 things that you have achieved and are really proud of.